Cleaned-UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leading The Cleaned Scene Since 2009!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Players - June 8th - we going?

Go down 
+22
Benj
AzzaHarrison
ChrisseyT
redexstyle
Paul_JC
fred666
mackers2k9
azzapolo
Samson
Jake17
Winny
Calamity
Will
gazzums20
robinW5-c2
RiCkY200
OllieNeedham
JoshBrookes
God
ZACK
NRXFocus
alex_boy!
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jamo
Cleaned-UK: Trader
Jamo

Male Posts : 1209

Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:05 pm

DC was poor, few nice motors, cars ended up being dumped all over from dinnertime onwards, took me 20-30 mins to walk around. handful of cars worth looking at.

Players was great, the showcase wasn't great, but it is the players classic show.. things will get ironed out throughout the years.
the show n shine was excellent, standard of cars was great, not much crap there at all, to me you sound bitter because you weren't included in it.

I think it'll grow into a big and very successful show.

Ill be there next year without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
NT1974
Cleaned-UK: Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Bitter? Lol.

A lot of owners in the club showcase put a lot of time and effort into their cars, just as much as the big money guys. Now when you take into account that some people have travelled a long way, stayed in hotels and taken time off work to be a part of what they thought was a showcase then maybe you'll understand if I'm not overly enthused at the idea of parking in a car park detached from the rest of the show when I get there.

The fact that you paid £12 for this "privilege" is laughable, but the fact that VIP paid £18 and got Meguiars goody bags is taking the piss. And while I'm thinking about that when the hell did shows become £18 for the day?

The cars were good but then again they would have been good parked anywhere, not just there and that's why I like North Weald, everything is together. The same reason why I enjoyed DC more.

Horses for courses as they say but for me it was average at best, cars were quality and having a couple of drift cars on for a few donuts doesn't make it a track show.

For me personally it was a lot of time, effort and long hours to be greeted by a car park that resembled my local meet. So if that makes me sound bitter then so be it, I don't care tbh.

I've been to 3 shows now this year and numerous monthly meets and that was by far the biggest waste of time. But that's my opinion and as I've said I think your view of the show depends on where you were located.
Back to top Go down
OllieNeedham
Cleaned-UK: Forum Queen
OllieNeedham

Male Posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 pm

NT1974 wrote:
The fact that you paid £12 for this "privilege" is laughable, but the fact that VIP paid £18 and got Meguiars goody bags is taking the piss. And while I'm thinking about that when the hell did shows become £18 for the day?

Actually, £18 inc. Meguiars goody bags is a fucking bargain, considering all the Santa Pod & Silverstone shows are £20 per person.
Back to top Go down
NT1974

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 pm

That's my point. £12 and you get nothing, £18 and you get goody bags.

Anyway, I'm over it now so chalking it down to experience.
Back to top Go down
Jamo
Cleaned-UK: Trader
Jamo

Male Posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:03 am

I travelling 370 mile to get there. And would do it again. Excellent day, Excellent atmosphere, Excellent cars, Excellent crack, Don't get me wrong there were faults but it'll get ironed out as the show goes on id assume.
Back to top Go down
NT1974

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 am

Don't get me wrong I hope they sort it out. They just need to sort out more area for the cars really. Or make it a VIP only event.

Using part of the airfield would be a good start.
Back to top Go down
fred666
Cleaned-UK: Post whore
fred666

Male Posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 am

Jamo wrote:
Don't get me wrong there were faults but it'll get ironed out .

Speaking of ironing...
Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 PorscheCarrera4194PlayersGoodwood2013_zps574171de
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureshockaudio.co.uk
mackers2k9
Cleaned-UK: If Only They Had A Life

Male Posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 am

Pmsl that has tickled me that photo haha
Back to top Go down
AzzaHarrison
Cleaned-UK: Admin Crew
AzzaHarrison

Male Posts : 1968

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
NT1974

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

Love it.  Lol.
Back to top Go down
alex_boy!
Cleaned-UK: Bitch
alex_boy!

Male Posts : 1485

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

no doubt you'd be more worried about someone stealing your iron than your car though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.welshford.com
fred666
Cleaned-UK: Post whore
fred666

Male Posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

alex_boy! wrote:
no doubt you'd be more worried about someone stealing your iron than your car though!

Fucking right. cars insured! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureshockaudio.co.uk
Paul_JC
Cleaned-UK: Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 am

mmmm pink!
Back to top Go down
Ryan.dc
Cleaned-UK: Senior Member

Male Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Will there be a clubstand this year? Or is everyone just in the 'exclusive' bit?
Back to top Go down
AzzaHarrison
Cleaned-UK: Admin Crew
AzzaHarrison

Male Posts : 1968

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Ryan.dc wrote:
Will there be a clubstand this year? Or is everyone just in the 'exclusive' bit?

Don't know if there will be club stands, as there wasn't last year
Back to top Go down
Ryan.dc
Cleaned-UK: Senior Member

Male Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Oh fair enough, will just apply when my cars ready then although I expect it'll be too late haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players - June 8th - we going?   Players - June 8th - we going? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Players - June 8th - we going?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5