Cleaned-UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leading The Cleaned Scene Since 2009!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FTO GPVR Areo Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
heeksy
Cleaned-UK: Been here a while
heeksy

Male Posts : 836

FTO GPVR Areo Series Empty
PostSubject: FTO GPVR Areo Series   FTO GPVR Areo Series I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 pm

On behalf of my Dad....

After 18 months of owning this superb example of an ultra rare Mitsubishi FTO GPvR Aero Series it's now for sale as I am looking for something Jap/rwd with maybe a couple of turbos

For those unsure of the differences’ to a GPvR over other models it follows like so.

Manual aircon to replace the climate control to lose weight
Manual wing mirrors
Torsen LSD (this makes all the difference)
White with blue front seats
Less sound proofing
Thicker anti roll bars and uprated rear lower suspension arms as used on EVO's 1-3
Lowered uprated suspension with shorter drop links
Strut brace bars front and rear (though this car had its OEM front stolen in transit and now has a Cusco item.
All are facelift so get different front end
Genuine Stanley for Mitsubishi Xenon HID front headlamps, don't mistake for normal FTO headlamps with cheap aftermarket HID's fitted, these are totally different units, possibly one of the earliest cars to be fitted with HID headlamps.
MOMO steering wheel
Aero Series rear spoiler
Aero Series also gets the side skirts from the GPX model

It has a full electric tilt and slide sunroof which was a rare optional extra and the important from drivers point of view, a manual 5 speed gearbox.

The car was imported by FTOOC member Dan and as such has everything to do with its import including docking information etc etc and was 1st registered 28 august 2008.
The car was brought up to UK standard and a few items sorted out then put through the SVA test by Japco at considerable expense of nearly £2200.

First MOT 13th August 2008 states 133202 kilometers which is roughly 83251 miles, the car was then converted to read miles at 139007 kilometers (86879miles).
Next MOT 1st Sep 2009 the car read 145145miles an approx gain of 6000 miles in the year, and then last MOT 21st August 2010 151458 miles, again an increase of roughly 6000miles.

It is now sat on 163357 miles which is aprox 12,000 miles in 2 years and puts the car at approx 110000 miles and will not gain much if any as I'm not using it now apart from turning it over and quick run around the block to keep the fluids moving and brake discs clean.

Since import the car it has gone for nothing in terms of maintenance which has all been carried out by previous owners father, a retired Cosworth engineer.
This includes cambelt in May 2009 less than 20,000miles ago, iridium plugs on both banks, oil every 6000miles, gearbox oil change and new brake fluid.
The car has had oil change every 6 months since I've owned it regardless of miles covered.

Toad Cat 1 alarm system fitted with remote central locking.

Over and above this it has also been treated to some choice modifications.

Genuine Enkei/Mitsubishi (probably EVO6 GSR) 17" wheels professionally refurbished by Laptab in Birmingham and remain chip free and fresh with 4 TOYO Proxes T1r tyres that have covered less than 1500 miles

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo Satimoto 4pot brake callipers, Goodridge s/s brake lines, Nissan 350Z 324x30mm front brake discs and EBC Yellow Stuff pads front, standard discs rear with EBC green stuff. Standard brakes are 276x24mm with single piston floating caliper & are not really very good. The brakes are amazing now with fantastic pedal feel and massive retardation.

All front wishbone bushes replaced with polyurethane bushes, rear bottom arm bushes replaces with OEM Mitsubishi, top dog bone mounts to ensure that there is no clunking or play in the suspension as many FTO's have now. All OEM camber adjusting bolts replaced and greased to ensure the whole multi-link rear end works as it should.

Cusco Zero2Zero (new approx £1600) full height adjustable and 5 position (soft to very hard) coil-overs which on soft actually ride better than the very stiff OEM GPvR suspension which I will include in the sale. Solid top mounts with camber adjustable front set to just under 2 degrees negative camber and 10mins tow out for amazing turn in, but even tyre wear.

Front indicator lenses replaced with MGZR clear items, and side repeaters replaced with clear MX5 items.

A full genuine ARC Super Air induction box and ARC Super Intake Chamber which would cost £376.86 + £327.76 =£704.62 plus postage from Newera Parts, but as ARC are no longer trading it is NLA so is rare. I luckily replaced the filter element last year with the new style mesh washable and reusable item so will last for years to come.

The dials were custom made by http://www.skewer.co.uk/ white back ground blue backlit with tacho green from 5500rpm when cam change happens, with "FTO" on tacho and "VersionR" on speedo. With genuine carbon fibre surround, polished alloy dial surrounds rings and needle cups.

Genuine Ralliart pedal covers meant for an EVO 1-3 which fitted perfectly.

Momo gear knob and handbrake

Pioneer single din headunit

Custom Stainless steel cat back Long Life exhaust system - SS Decat pipe ( cat available) SS Downpipes - makes for an awesome exhaust note without being chav

EP Racing carbon fibre door sills

Taxed until the March 2013, MOT'd until May 31st 2013
Back to top Go down
heeksy
heeksy

PostSubject: Re: FTO GPVR Areo Series   FTO GPVR Areo Series I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 pm

FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_71912
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_39975
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_35896
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_31026
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_30450
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_30322
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_27984
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_25998
FTO GPVR Areo Series Gallery_2_2_24314

Back to top Go down
heeksy
heeksy

PostSubject: Re: FTO GPVR Areo Series   FTO GPVR Areo Series I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 pm

fitted with coileys and ready to scrape Wink
Back to top Go down
Nickster
Cleaned-UK: Moderator Crew

Male Posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: FTO GPVR Areo Series   FTO GPVR Areo Series I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 pm

That is nice! GLWS dude
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/NickyLaing
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTO GPVR Areo Series   FTO GPVR Areo Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FTO GPVR Areo Series
Page 1 of 1