Cleaned-UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leading The Cleaned Scene Since 2009!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New and from the complete opposite side of the world

Go down 
+7
alex_boy!
matty
Gem
fred666
JoshC
Will
Jesse
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Cleaned-UK: Noob Member

Male Posts : 6

New and from the complete opposite side of the world Empty
PostSubject: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:23 am

Hey there, I'm new around here, I'm from New Zealand, have been buying the only copy of Fast Car that my local book shop gets for about 18 months now, saw Ellis's car and Richie's Astra coupe in the latest edition to make its way down here and thought I would pop in for a look.

This is my corolla
New and from the complete opposite side of the world Cjcmeet1-1

The euro scene is what got me into wheel fitment long before hellaflush was popular.
You guys have some pretty sweet cars amongst you.
Back to top Go down
Will
Cleaned-UK: Admin Crew
Will

Male Posts : 7808

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:02 am

Welcome along!
Glad the mag's brought you over! The corolla looks pretty pimp, anymore pictures?
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am

here's another,
New and from the complete opposite side of the world 39596_493171294224_690079224_6856705_5347417_n

i'll find more pics as i go, no engine bay pics yet, but its got a 4age blacktop and im in the middle of wire tucking the bay, but I daily drive it, so havent had a chance to do major engine bay work yet
Back to top Go down
Will
Will

Male Posts : 7808

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:25 am

Thats awesome dude!
Get yourself a progress thread up on it, would love to see the bay once its finished!
Back to top Go down
JoshC
JoshC

Male Posts : 5673

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:58 am

Glad to have you over dude! Corolla looks pretty awesome! Would love to see some progress pics of the engine bay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fred666
Cleaned-UK: Post whore
fred666

Male Posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 am

i like that, welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureshockaudio.co.uk
Gem
Cleaned-UK: Bitch
Gem

Female Posts : 1438

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Welcome! Nice Cars.

More pics of the 86? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/SumpScuffers
matty
Cleaned-UK: Post whore

Male Posts : 2420

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Evening and welcome dude!
Ellis will be happy that the C2 is world famous Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mazdatwofullbuild.blogspot.com/
alex_boy!
Cleaned-UK: Bitch
alex_boy!

Male Posts : 1485

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.welshford.com
Nickster
Cleaned-UK: Moderator Crew

Male Posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Welcome along, Corolla's sick!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/NickyLaing
EDI_MC
Cleaned-UK: Been here a while
EDI_MC

Male Posts : 963

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:24 pm

G'day mate Laughing

The car looks spot on buddy, is it true in new zealand the cars have to be higher then 8 inches or something to be legal?
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:25 pm

EDI_MC wrote:
G'day mate Laughing

The car looks spot on buddy, is it true in new zealand the cars have to be higher then 8 inches or something to be legal?

Haha, g'day is australia Razz

The lowest you can go without getting your car certified is 100mm or 4 inches of clearance to any structural part of the car.

If you want to go lower than that you can get a low volume vehicle certificate from a mechanical engineer that says that your setup is safe.

At the moment im waiting on a custom roll centre / bump steer kit and an ITR spoon lip, so hopefully after christmas there will be some more progress.

The ae86 is affectionately named "gunship weksos"
New and from the complete opposite side of the world Med_gallery_342_26_92793
New and from the complete opposite side of the world Med_gallery_342_26_43501
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Cleaned-UK: Grandad

Male Posts : 3161

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 pm

welcome along mate awesome cars
Back to top Go down
JoshC
JoshC

Male Posts : 5673

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Wow! That 86 is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Wooly
Cleaned-UK: Forum King
Wooly

Male Posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Have to say that it's pretty insane, this little 'ole club is known about in possibly the furthest away place. And with those dodgy car laws... feck that! Any idea if over the pond in Australia is similar? I'd love to be out there in a year or so and I hear S15's are big out there, but 4" clearance is an abortion!
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 am

yeah drifting is really big here, heaps of cefiros, laurels, all the different skylines and all the different silvias, my mates 19 year old sister has a pretty nice s15 even, so they are pretty accessible, there are thousands of cars that are slammed way below the 100mms though, they just have a cert, ive never actually measured how low my car is, but with the 17x9s all around the width is whats stopping me going lower
Back to top Go down
Wooly
Cleaned-UK: Forum King
Wooly

Male Posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Ahhh loving it. I have a few friends out there, and I'm going to showboat this, but one has a Holden VK SS Commodore, with a damn RB30ET engine in it. Just screams all the time, an absolute beaut! My 'rents have just moved out there and I'm planning on visiting next Christmas to see what it's all about, if it's as good as a lot of people make it out to be, I'll be staying. I guess as long as the car is pretty solid and the suspension set up is kosher, it can't be too hard to get a legal ticket. Anyway, video time <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDypIVgvBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndfn9cBHA9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNWpOEP3SQc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and from the complete opposite side of the world   New and from the complete opposite side of the world I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New and from the complete opposite side of the world
Page 1 of 1